Bodie Island Lighthouse Pin
Regular price $8.95
Bodie Island lighthouse is the third lighthouse built in the vicinity of Bodie Island and was completed in 1872. The first, built on Pea Island was abandoned in 1859 due to poor foundation, and the second destroyed only two years later by confederate troops that feared Union soldiers would use it as an observation post. The current lighthouse still houses the original First Order fresnel lens. Each hard enamel pin is silver plated and comes with a premium black rubber backing for superior hold. Each measures between 23-30mm in height.